Few months ago i faced with hotmail spam filter, every time when my host tried to send email to any hotmail address i saw next error in log file:
550 SC-001 (SNT0-MC2-F18) Unfortunately, messages from IP.AD.DR.ESS weren’t sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
I configured correct PTR, SPF, DKIM records, sent email to hotmail support two times, fill and submit big strange long form here, but anyway every time when i tried to sent message i got “550 SC-001”.
Hotmail support said next:
I do apologize if I am unable to provide any details about this situation since we do not have the liberty to discuss the nature of the block.
At this point, I would suggest that you review and comply with Windows Live Hotmail’s technical standards. This information can be found at http://postmaster.live.com/Guidelines.aspx
We regret that we are unable to provide any additional information or assistance at this time.
Yeah, brilliant, thanks for help man. I was tired of the situation, so i just configured exim to send all emails for hotmail.com and live.com thru gmail account.
On this host i had debian squeeze and exim4 configured to send emails directly, i made next modifications in config files, first i created domainlist for “sick” domains:
$ echo 'domainlist route_thru_smarthost = "live.com : live.ru : hotmail.com : hotmail.ru : msn.com"' > \ /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/04_exim4-config_route_thru_smarthost
Modified default dnslookup router and added new router for hotmail in file /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/200_exim4-config_primary into DCconfig_internet block:
dnslookup: debug_print = "R: dnslookup for $local_part@$domain" driver = dnslookup domains = ! +local_domains : ! +route_thru_smarthost transport = remote_smtp same_domain_copy_routing = yes # ignore private rfc1918 and APIPA addresses ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8 : 192.168.0.0/16 :\ 172.16.0.0/12 : 10.0.0.0/8 : 169.254.0.0/16 :\ 255.255.255.255 no_more hotmail_router: debug_print = "R: hotmail_router for $local_part@$domain" driver = manualroute domains = ! +local_domains : +route_thru_smarthost transport = remote_smtp_smarthost route_list = * DCsmarthost byname host_find_failed = defer same_domain_copy_routing = yes no_more
Last step – create account into google apps and add credentials into /etc/exim4/passwd.client
$ echo '*.google.com:Login:Password' >> /etc/exim4/passwd.client
Regenerate template and update config:
$ update-exim4.conf.template -r $ update-exim4.conf
After that i checked routing:
$ exim4 -bt firstname.lastname@example.org R: hotmail_router for email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org router = hotmail_router, transport = remote_smtp_smarthost host gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com [220.127.116.11] port=587 host gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com [18.104.22.168] port=587
And sent test email:
$ echo subj|mail -s "burn in hell" email@example.com $ grep firstname.lastname@example.org /var/log/exim4/mainlog 2012-03-34 09:11:09 1SAwmJ-0006sf-56 => email@example.com R=hotmail_router T=remote_smtp_smarthost H=gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com [22.214.171.124] X=TLS1.0:RSA_ARCFOUR_SHA1:16 DN="C=US,ST=California,L=Mountain View,O=Google Inc,CN=smtp.gmail.com"